Redressal of Public Grievances
- Department of Justice (DoJ) receives large number of Citizen’s grievances from citizens through President’s Secretariat/Vice-President’s Secretariat/PMO/directly from the citizens through online CPGRAMS Portal. The Department has been rated as one of the 20 largest grievances receiving Departments by the Department of Administrative Reforms & Public Grievances. Besides, large number of grievances is also received through post.
- Department of Justice is mandated to deal with grievances related to appointment of Judges of Supreme Court/High Courts, legal assistance/legal aid/legal awareness/ e-Courts/Judicial Reforms etc. Grievances related to these issues only are dealt with by Department of Justice.
- Grievances related to judiciary are forwarded electronically to the Secretary General, Supreme Court of India/Registrar General of the concerned High Court for further action, as appropriate. A copy is endorsed to the grievance holder for information.
- Grievances received in the Department of Justice are considered and examined by the Judiciary as per their own in house mechanism and the system/procedure to deal with grievances. In such cases, Department of Justice is not in a position to inform the outcome to grievance holders.
- Detailed guidelines for disposal of grievances by Department of Justice have been uploaded on website www.doj.gov.in for information/guidance of grievance holders/citizens.